.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, March 16, 2007

 

The Brain Foundation Needs Your Help

There is a reason I study Alzhiemer's disease, I completely forgot it was International Brain Awareness Week. A public awareness raising event, it's purpose it to get people in contact with their brains. Unfortunately, it ends this Sunday, and most of the Australian events are over. However, there is still one thing you can contribute too. The Brain Foundation sponsored a Pony Tail-ectomy. Professor Bob Hill, Executive Dean of the Faculty of Sciences (scroll down for pictures) had his ponytail of 30 years cut off today in order to raise money for the Brain Foundation (and I forgot my camera). The event had a special meaning for me, as one of my former undergraduates performed the Ponytail-ectomy. He was a recipient of a Brain Foundation scholarship, and is now working as a rehabilitation facilitator. The Brain Foundation are currently $2,200 off their target, so why not donate to them and help them make their target and keep up their good work. (disclaimer, the Brain Foundation also generously supports my research, and are looking at me as the cropee if they hold the event next year).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?