.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, November 08, 2008

 

Venus and the Moon Together

A week ago today I was out in the bush at a family wedding. In between chatting to folks I hadn't seen in ages, listening to music, hanging out with the kids, and eating a lot, I got to see some fantastic stars.

I also got to see Venus snuggle up to the Moon. A truly beautiful sight, and I got to point it out to quite a few kids and adults as we sheltered from the cold, howling wind (luckily the post wedding events were inside an historic farmhouse with really thick walls, but every so often people went outside to smoke, clear heads, run around screaming etc.).

Sadly I didn't have my proper tripod with me (would have helped during the wedding photography too). These images were taken with the camera on one of those tiny portable tripods about the size of you hand, balanced on an old bench. Didn't come out too badly if I say so myself.

As usual, click on the images to enlarge them. In the enlarged image of the bottom photo, you can see Antares and the head of the Scorpion.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?