.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, August 02, 2009

 

A Missed Anniversary and A Tale of Server Statistics

I'm not very good at following my blog stats, I missed my 5 year bloggaversary in June. True, I was pretty rubbish at updating and stuff, and really didn't get a solid presence until late 2005, but June 2004 was my start in the blogging medium.

I passed 250,000 page views back a month or so ago. I was planning on doing something special then, but then I had to do grant responses, finalize the new course I'm making and prepare for exams. So 250,000 passed by. Maybe I can do something at 300,000.

I finally got around to having a look at my recent traffic stats, and had a bit of a surprise. The peak at the 20-23 represents my critique of "Unscientific American", most people came for Pluto though, rather than science communication. On the 27-28th I wrote a critique of Bill Dembski's Science Envy, but most people were visiting to learn about the Mars Hoax. And on the 7th and 8th, where visits soar to an astronomical hight? I have no idea what that is about. No interesting posts and of course I wasn't paying attention at the time.

Still, it's an interesting exercise in seeing what I think is important, and what other people think is important.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?